Garbage and Recycling Services
West Valley Collection and Recycling, LLC, provides residential (single family and multi-family) and commercial garbage, recycling, and green waste collection services. To start or change service, or to report a problem with your service, please contact:
West Valley Collection and Recycling, LLC
1333 Oakland Road
San Jose, CA 95112
Ph: (408) 283-9250
You can also contact The City of Campbell, Public Works Department directly to report any problems or complaints with your service at Publicworks@campbellca.gov.
Campbell residents can also haul their own refuse directly to the Guadalupe Rubbish Company located at:
Guadalupe Rubbish Company
15999 Guadalupe Mines Road
San Jose , CA 95120
Ph: (408) 268-1670
Monday - Saturday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
What Can Go In The Trash
- Normal household refuse
- Tree and shrubbery trimmings, flowers, and lumber (no more than four feet in length and 40 pounds in weight) securely tied in bundles at both ends. It is recommended that you recycle the yard wastes. They may be placed out in separate containers on the same day as your regular garbage
- Cardboard and wooden boxes folded flat and tied in bundles. However, we encourage you to recycle these materials when possible
- Broken glass, wrapped securely in multiple layers of newspaper
- Animal wastes, wrapped in newspaper or plastic bags
- Empty and dry hazardous materials containers of five gallons or less
What Can Never Go In The Trash
- Liquids of any type. The refuse in landfills must be as dry as possible
- Hot coals, ashes, or lit cigarettes
- Building and construction debris (dirt / rocks, tree trunks, carpets, or large scraps)
- Furniture, appliances, or auto parts (water heaters, major appliances, couches/chairs, car bumpers, fenders, engine blocks, batteries, items over 50 pounds)
- Household hazardous wastes (paint, solvents, cleaning fluids, motor oil, insecticides, acids, gasoline, pool chemicals, highly flammable liquids, radioactive materials, or toxic chemicals)
- Medical waste, including needles / syringes
- Fluorescent light bulbs
For special pickup of materials, please visit the West Valley Recycles website and see Additional Residential Services under Single-Family Services or Additional Multi-Family Services under Multi-Family Services.
- Trash containers may be set out after 6 p.m. on the day prior to regular service and must be set out by 6 a.m. on collection day.
- Empty containers should be taken in by 6 p.m. on the day of collection.
- To prevent spilling, place all trash within the container with the lid closed. (We suggest bagging your trash before placing it in the container. Not only will this keep your container clean, but it will also help reduce litter and discourage scavenging).
- If you have curbside recycling or curbside yard waste collection place recycling bins and yard waste containers out by 6 a.m. on the same collection day.
- If you move, do not take the garbage cans provided by the refuse company. They must remain at the original address.
- Torn plastic bags and spilled cans will not be collected.
Recycling - Reducing Waste
West Valley Collection and Recycling, LLC, also provides single-family residential, multi-family residential, and commercial recycling services. Curbside pick up is the same day as your regular garbage collection but not the same time. It is advisable to have all recyclable materials at curbside by 6 a.m.
In 1989, Assembly Bill 939 mandated that Californian's reduce the amount of waste going into our landfills by 25% by 1995 and by 50% by the year 2000. Santa Clara County's efforts to achieve these goals can be seen in the many innovative recycling options that we participate in on a daily basis. Every city, including Campbell, is working hard to meet these goals and our curbside recycling service is one of the many programs Campbell offers to reduce waste in the landfills.
To find more information about recycling and waste management in our City please visit the website for the Center for the Development of Recycling (CDR).
West Valley Collection and Recycling, LLC, provides an unlimited curbside-recycling program for single-family, multi-family residences, and commercial businesses. Different colored carts are provided for residents and property owners to recycle different types of materials. For more information on recycling, please visit their website.
West Valley Collection and Recycling, LLC, also will recycle your yard waste, which should be put into a separate bin from the solid waste. This bin should include yard clippings, lawn cuttings, leaves, twigs, and flowers. Items not allowed include ashes, concrete, dirt and rocks, fruits and vegetables, nursery pots and trays, lumber, palm fronds, poison oak or ivy, pumpkins, and pet waste.
If you have a question about items not listed above, you can either call West Valley Collection and Recycling, LLC, at (408) 283-9250 or visit their website.
If you have an unwanted vehicle that you are not sure what to do with, Goodwill Vehicle Donations can help you. Goodwill Donations specializes in making the process as fast and easy as possible. For more information, please visit their website.